Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Blog Q&A with your physical therapist


I always see posts like this on other blogs that I read, and I thought it would be fun to bring it to my own blog. Enjoy!

From when I lived in NYC, at Grand Central Station.

1. Why did you become a physical therapist?
I knew I wanted to be in healthcare and I love staying active. When I was searching for a plan for the rest of my life in 9th grade (I'm a planner!), my mom mentioned that I should look into physical therapy. As I learned more and more about the profession, I knew it was for me!


2. What is the most rewarding thing about being a physical therapist?
Being able to see people come into my office with pain on their face and leave with a smile. Sometimes patients come in and have gone through so many other treatment options, with physical therapy as their last resort. I love being able to show them that they can live a life without pain!

Overall, I love the ability to give people a plan, hope and a body that works for their lives.


3. What made you decide to open your own clinic?
I wanted to create a space for an experience like no other. I feel patients should not feel like a number, but feel that we are happy to share in their lives. Patients often say it feels like a family at our clinic, and that is exactly how it should be!


4. What do you love about living in Dallas?
What is there not to love about living in Dallas? I love the people, the culture and the fact that it offers an affordable lifestyle. Of course, who can resist the plethora of sunshine! (Although, I do wish we would have seen more of that over the past few weeks! Who else is ready for spring?)


5. When you aren't working… what are your hobbies?
I love CrossFit! It always blows my mind to see what our bodies can do if we give them the right challenges. I also enjoy spending as much time as I can with my family, especially with my two young nephews!




No comments:

Post a Comment